Aircon Services Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make my air conditioner use less power?
- Only use it when necessary
- Set your AC to switch off automatically when you don’t need it
- Change air filters regularly
- Keep ducts and airflow clear
- Schedule regular maintenance visits so it keeps running efficiently
How can I save energy while using my air conditioner?
- Clean air ducts and filters regularly
- Turn your AC on early in the day during hot weather
- With split systems angle the louvers down when heating and horizontally when cooling
- Check the energy efficient rating when purchasing a new AC.
- Have your AC serviced regularly
Energy Efficiency and Maintenance
How often should I clean my AC filters?
Why is the light still on after I’ve cleaned my air filters?
Why is my ducted air conditioner only expelling air in one part of my house?
Can I turn my air conditioner off at the fuse box, power point or isolator?
Service, Breakdowns and Maintenance
What happens if I don’t service my AC at regular intervals?
- Become clogged and stop working efficiently
- Power costs will increase as the unit struggles
- Have an increase in CO2 emissions
- Void the AC warranty by not maintaining your unit
- Increase the risk of water damage, mold growth and bacterial growth which leads to odours and health issues
How do I make my noisy air conditioner quieter?
- Add vibration rubber under the unit
- Reduce compressor noise with a sound deadening wrap
If your AC is making humming, shrieking, buzzing, rattling, clicking or bubbling sounds this could point to a fault in the system. Contact our air conditioning experts to assess and repair any problem.
Why is my air conditioner producing bad smells?
What areas do you serve?
We supply residential and commercial air conditioning services in Noosa, the Sunshine Coast and across Queensland.
Can I supply the air conditioning unit and you install it?
Yes, you can supply the aircon unit and one of our expert AC technicians can install it. However, if you’re unsure which system is right for you, we can visit your home or business to assess your requirements and give a recommendation.
How do I choose the right air conditioning system for my home or office?
- Ducted. These have a central unit, usually fitted out of sight like in the ceiling recess. Air ducts connect to air outlets and are controlled by sensor pads in each room. Good for cooling a large office or whole house. Takes the longest to install and is the priciest.
- Split-system. These have an indoor and outdoor unit, with pipes containing refrigerant gas. Commonly used to cool or heat a single room and are generally affordable and easy to install.